Tuesday, January 1, 2013

The First Sunrise of 2013


Have you ever thought of keeping your eyes wide open just to witness the first majestic entrance of the sun this year? Whether it's a yes or no, I know it's a priceless experience to see the extravagant shades of orange, yellow, red, and pink in the sky. When those colors shimmer in the light, sunrise seems an enchantment in our eyes. 
  
A nocturnal being like me rarely witness one. It's like looking for an aurora borealis in the middle of the day. Because there was a slight chance of embracing the first sunrise, I totally grabbed it like a kid who wants to eat the first slice of a luscious ham.



I, an undeniable loner, decided to invite friends to be with me. Gladly, they came and greeted me with an insult. Hahaha! Then, I took the camera out from my bag and changed its lens. But here's the best part! (dun dun duuuuun!) I realized that I just left my SD card. WHAT A SHAME! At that moment, I hated myself more than I hated Piattos and its smell. Disappointment was running in our blood. It's an omen of my own apocalypse. What a good thing to start 2013, right?

However, I glanced to the breathtaking sunrise. It sprang hope. Suddenly, I used my guts and smile to borrow a SD card from an unacquainted cunning photographer namely Mavi. 

 


Hi. Good Morning. Happy New Year! I'm Elle. I have my camera right here, see? But, I left my SD card and it sucks to be me right now. Can I borrow yours?”

For the record, it was one of my most embarrassing moments that I can’t and won’t forget. (facepalm)

I don't have the slightest idea why she said “YES” but I'm really thankful. No exact words can describe her kindness. Immediately, I photographed the beautiful scene of Seagull along with my E.P.O.S friends.

After what happened, believe it or not, I came up with a realization.

  1. No matter how hard you try to make it perfect - mistakes are inevitable. If you can't change your situation, then change your reaction.

  2. Everything happens for a reason. I lost the chance to take unlimited shots of the beautiful scenery. However, I gained a relationship. And, that's lovelier than my photos.


                                     
     
  3. I thank God for a well – done creation: Sunrise. 
      
  4. Friends are the spices of my life. They make my life more delicious. . . (Wait, it sounds SO WRONG! Hahaha!) Even if Jopal, Paolo, and Sky are fond of making fun of me, I appreciated their presence. I knew that they really wanted to marry their respective beds at that time. Seriously, I never thought of spending my first sunrise (2013) with them. (*puking* )

                                    

  5. Lastly, thou shall not forget your new friend's name.


Dear readers, let's keep in touch! If you have anything to say, feel free to speak your mind by commenting on my blog or email me @ elleisontheedge@gmail.com. Thanks!

2 comments:

  1. HAHAHAHA! So not fair! I DEMAND you EXPOUND #5!!! (>V<) <--- evil friend certified since 1990

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Flay! Thanks for the comment. I know it's such a cliff hanger sentence. Sorry about though. I can't and I won't expound sentence #5. HAHAHHAA! :D

      Delete